History from wikipedia:
County was organized on June 29, 1886, by
Mrs. M. E. DeGeer; Mrs. Ida Eastman;
Charles S. Reed; Marion
Cunningham; A. J. Kilpatrick; and
Euguene McDaniels. It was named for
General Winfield Scott, and contains Scott
The Indian battle at
"Battle Canyon" and "Squaw Den," in
northern Scott County in 1878 was one of
the last Indian raids and
battles in the state, and the last
army officer to be killed by Indians was
in this battle.
The First Methodist Church
of Scott City was the first church in the
county, and was founded on May 7, 1886.
school district was Scott City,
organized April 1, 1886.
The legend of White Woman
Creek tells of a white woman captured by
Indians near the creek. The woman was then
beheaded but never buried.
Her apparation continues to wander up and
down the creek searching for her head.